8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » What Happened?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Happened?
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 10, 2019 09:29 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad the Forum is back. I felt lost without it. [Wink]

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 10, 2019 09:32 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too Maurice. I thought we had a repeat of the 2003 server disaster when the whole data base was lost.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted June 10, 2019 10:06 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Dear reminds you just how long many of us have been mooching around on here !!!

Best Mark.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 10, 2019 01:47 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a lurker before the Great Crash, but joined right after the wreckage was cleared.

How long has it been?

There's this conspicuous gap in my posts during the summer of 2003. I puzzled over what it meant for a while until I realized it's when our son arrived!

-the one that's taking his driving test this August!

-the one that's looking at colleges!

Time is like that: the arrival of the Internet was supposed to be "the Future"... (-Nothing else left to anticipate than aluminum foil clothing, flying cars and vacations on the Moon!)

-but it all becomes ancient history much too quickly!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 10, 2019 03:49 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't the internet show you how fragile everything has become in relying on it. Knock out the internet and see how easy things could be,well you know.
in another post i put up regarding the war games, i mentioned a 1980s docudrama called threads, the title was given to demonstrate that all of modern day communications are connected by a thread and once an energy surge hits,all communications are lost between millions of people.
We in the West rely too much on it all. While the net is a great invention for good things, i believe its a serious weakness to be so reliant on it. Almost every home and business can be cut off in an instant.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted June 10, 2019 04:03 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5G is the next big thing but if you read in to it, its looking very dangerous, not least to plant and insect life, never mind us.

We are literally all going to be subject to an unprecedented amount of possibly very dangerous waves etc, and for what !!!

I honestly can`t see the benifit considering the risks.

This where we all are, all of the time and everything linked in to everyting thing if you will!!! too.

Pass me the 200 feet super 8 Tom and Jerry`s please.

Best Mark.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 13, 2019 04:34 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is Tom but at least we have a choice.
Have to be Betty Boop for me Mark.

Doubt anyone will remember 934Mhz CB radio but at the time there was a great deal of concern over microwaving your brain if you had a portable transceiver. We used to climb up a local well mountain with a beam antenna, 30 watt linear amp sending out some power on a Sunday afternoon. After a few years the frequency was snatched from us and re allocated for mobile phones. More money in it I guess?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 13, 2019 03:01 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here you are, Lee, my favourite Betty Boop which I always use as a test film on 9.5mm sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-HtFshOUms

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC