8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » 9.5mm Sound excitement!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 9.5mm Sound excitement!
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 24, 2011 08:19 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A well worth it purchase from Derann Films recently was a new exciter lamp for my Elf 9-5 sound machine. I asked good old Ged if he had some and of course Derann did and have never let me down yet. Returning home and popping in the new exciter lamp and loading up a vintage flick I was amazed at the dramatic improvement in sound quality from the old films with quite an audible reduction is background noise and certainly cleaner to the ear. All this then made me wonder how many of us neglect to change exciter lamps every so often in our optical sound machines allowing the filament to wander out of alignment? Lets face it, its easy to overlook this small but oh so important lamp.

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 01, 2011 09:20 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting point - I have never EVER changed an exciter lamp in any projector, simply because one has never blown, so maybe I should keep in mind that it might decline if I used one for long enough.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 03, 2011 10:32 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mind you, if you have a 9-5 Pathe Vox you wont need a exciter lamp as the projection lamp does the job for you as well.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC