8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathescope info needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathescope info needed
Andrew Long
Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2012 06:46 AM      Profile for Andrew Long   Email Andrew Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Been collecting 8mm & super 8 films for a while, and naturally enough interest moves onto other formats as well.

I have gathered a few 9.5m films and am interested in finding out if there is a site that lists all of the pathescope films produced. I looked at one, but it didn't seem even to mention the film numbers beginning with C that I seem to have.

Thanks for the advice.

Andy

|  IP: Logged

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2012 01:55 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andy, Welcome to the "club". You will find exactly what you are looking for on Graham Newnhams website. www.pathefilm,freeserve.co.uk. The prefix in front of the catalogue number was the way that Pathescope denoted the film length. e.g. C =100ft. By the way, why not join Group 9.5? Best wishes Ken Finch.

Andrew Long
Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2012 06:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Long   Email Andrew Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken,

That was exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks for the link.

I will join Group 9.5 as well.

Its amazing how old film formats get me hooked. I think my other half just shakes her head when a new bit of film, Laserdisc, CED Videodisc or similar turns up at the house!

Cheers

Andy

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2012 06:17 AM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started out this hobby when given a 'toy' 35mm hand cranked projector in the early fifties by an uncle, and a few small rolls of film, which I later realised were nitrate as they flared up pleasingly in the fire and were at the early stages of decomposition. I heard rumours of smaller, more convenient formats, and spotted this strange narrow guage film in a junk shop window.
That started my interest in 9.5 film (and a career handling films), many years later becoming a member of the group. You'll enjoy the quarterly magazine which is well worth the subscription. Your wife will think you are quite mad, of course.

Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2012 12:08 PM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife thought I was mad,made me get a certificate to prove otherwise,was quite difficult,but I passed in the end.

so did I

--------------------
Let there be light,so god created the projector

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC