8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Merton Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Merton Movies
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 29, 2015 10:43 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just bought two 9.5mm features that came in their original film library cans.
The labels read:-
"The Property of Merton Movies 9.5mm Film Library, 14 Barretts Road, Dunton Green, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2UN".
I must admit that I have never heard of them. Do any members know of the Company, and perhaps may have used their facilities in the past?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2015 01:52 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice. I cn throw some light on your question. Merton movies were indeed a 9.5mm film library. I never used them but they had quite an extensive library of 9.5mm sound and silent prints. The whole library appears to have been sold to a collector named Woodhams, who I used to meet at the Group 9.5 and Ealing collectors meetings. I also knew him quite well as His son was a pupil at the school where I worked. When he died, his son had the task of selling off his vast collection of audion visual equipment and films etc. You may recall that Vincent joined the forum and offered it all to members. Ken Finch.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 04, 2015 10:02 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken
Thank you for the information. I don't recall the incident to which you refer. I searched the Forum using "Vincent Woodhams" but nothing came up.
I am always interested in purchasing 9.5mm sound films.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC