8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathescope 200-B advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathescope 200-B advice
Eric Paddock
Junior

- posted June 28, 2015 07:03 PM      Profile for Eric Paddock   Email Eric Paddock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,i am trying to find some advice for this projector.
It has been stored in loft for about 10 yrs.
When i recently set about setting it up to make sure it still functioned,the wiring was no good.I have changed all wiring, but the Speed regulator/rheostat is'nt working correctly when all put back together.
My Question is - Can anyone suggest a way i can fix this either a diagram of another one or a new variable speed control?
Thanks in advance for your help i would really like to get this projector working again it is the pathescope 200-B plus model.Eric

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2015 01:05 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I trust that you aware that the 200b operates on 110 volts? I have had a few of these and have never had a problem with the speed control rheostat. Sounds more likely that you have not rewired it correctly. Other than that make sure that the 'wiper' that sweeps across the resistance wires is making good contact when you operate the speed control.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2015 03:45 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Eric, I did have to replace the speed control resistance pad on one many years ago because the wire had broken. You are no doubt aware that it consists of a "pad" with thin soft iron wire wound round it. The wiper pad passing over this in an arc thus controling the speed of the motor. Suggest you make sure it is making contact as mentioned. Also that the wire from the motor is connected securely to the wiper arm spindle. Is your machine the standard 110volt model with the double resistance in the rectangular wire cage? Wiring diagrams can probably be obtained from Ken Valentine or Grahame Newnham (Group 9.5) or send me a PM with your address and I will draw you one and post it to you, if you have not yet had other offers.Ken Finch.

Eric Paddock
Junior

- posted July 05, 2015 11:20 AM      Profile for Eric Paddock   Email Eric Paddock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Thanks for your replys ,I've had some internet problems so could'nt reply any sooner.
yes my 200-b has the 110 volt motor.
I have rewired all wiring accept the 2 wires coming from inside motor.I have had to rewire the switch inside the resistance/transformer,Has the wires were bad/crumbling.So when i first tested it with resistance/transformer connected has soon as i moved the knob of speed regulator,It was going to full speed. After reading your replys i have made sure the brass wiper arm is contacting.And on closer inspection the wire coming from motor to brass wiper arm is also crumbling.I have had to re solder connector on end of wire,Also used some shrink wrap tubing over wire.It is now working correctly [Smile]
Just like to say thanks for your replys

I do have one more question if any one can help me.
Inside resistance/transformer it is wired to 210 volts for both lamp and motor is this correct? Thank you again.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 05, 2015 02:35 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric
See if there is a tapping for 240 volts, or, failing that, 230.
Best to help extended life of the lamp would be 250, but I doubt that is available.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 05, 2015 03:29 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Maurice suggests, look if you find a higher voltage setting (210 volts doesn't match with any standard). I would not inject 200 or 230 volts in a system that cannot accept more than 210, especially if it is a machine dating from a time in which electicity safety was not a main concern. If you don't find any evidence of a 220 or better 230 or 240 volt compatibility, you may consider reset the projector on 110 volts and use a transformer. Always remember that electricity can kill.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC