8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » The 9.5 International Film Fest 2016 info

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The 9.5 International Film Fest 2016 info
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 29, 2015 04:20 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A spot of good news and hot off the press!

Here is the first print of the 9-5 International Film Festival 2016 which will be taking place in Liverpool UK.

I'll post more news as it arrives.
 -

|  IP: Logged

Edward Nowill
Junior

- posted December 31, 2015 05:53 AM      Profile for Edward Nowill   Email Edward Nowill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reference "carry on projecting" I am surprised that current 9.5 film suppliers are not making 9.5 film for sale & use.I'm a new member to group 9.5 UK & I have Ted Smith's Pathe perforator [not complete-missing motor & slitter].I have collected orders for 500ft of 9.5 b/w reversal film [Kodak 5363 of which I have large stocks].Would 9.5 UK based cinematographers be interested in this too?This operation would piggy back off my current 8mm business & the 9.5 film would be perforated in lengths of 100ft at one time [producing x2 useable strips from already perforated 35mm film]
There are a lot of challenges to overcome so turn around on this project may not be quick.My intention is to produce very small production runs to accomodate the varying desires of 9.5 film makers-say buying 35mm stills camera bulk loads [100ft runs] & working from these.I have considerable film stocks in my fridge including x30 70mm rolls of E6 colour [fuji colour duplicating film iso 6 tungsten balanced-processing would need to increase the contrast of this low contrast stock]It could of course be used for its original purpose of making prints from colour reversal originals.
If this is interesting please post your replies here.I have already listed prices for 5363 elsewhere on this forum including processing charges.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 01, 2016 07:37 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Edward. Over the decades fresh stock has become available and the majority of shall we say keener film makers tend to stock the fridge when it does. I heard about the prospect of some B&W film and I'm sure this will prove useful to anyone wanting to complete old projects. Nice to see you mention making prints which is actually fairly easy and a interesting project. I did some contact printing a few years back with great results.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 13, 2016 06:55 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chatting to Angus and the Festival forms are about to be sent out for booking.

Been busy cleaning my epic for the 9-5 festival competition so don't forget to enter yours folks.
This was filmed on a Pathe Lido and Velvia 9.5mm film.
 -

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 26, 2016 10:51 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just heard from the organiser, Angus Tilston, that he already has 33 bookings for the Festival.
He hopes for about 38 - 40 eventually.

--------------------
Maurice

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 29, 2016 09:35 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its looking good Maurice [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC