8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathe Son

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathe Son
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2016 11:37 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you believe this price? Sold as untested so guaranteed that it needs work on the amplifier at the very least.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282004836589?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

|  IP: Logged

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2016 02:38 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are they rare Terry? For that money you could probably track down a Buckingham Elf conversion!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 25, 2016 05:42 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
£410 for a Son is just ridiculous, particularly as the electrolytic capacitors in the amp seem to have been leaking. Also, no sign of any belts, and it does not have the extra roller added by Pathescope. This was to assist sound films from the feed spool to have a large loop.

I suppose by now they are becoming rare. but the Son has had few admirers due the motor being originally for the Gem which was a silent projector, whereas the Son, being a sound projector makes the motor run much faster and often they burn out.

--------------------
Maurice

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2016 06:30 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cor! I don't BEEELIEVE it!!!! Ken Finch. [Roll Eyes]

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2016 03:05 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart
Yes I suppose they are becoming rare but as Maurice states, to get it working the motor and amplifier would need upgrading, at a cost of probably 2 - 3 hundred pounds and then your in the realm of a Buckingham conversion which is a far superior machine.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2016 06:52 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A modernised PAX/ Joinville is probably even better!! Ken Finch.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC