8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Below Bureau Flap

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Below Bureau Flap
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 03, 2016 11:13 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent an e-mail to CHC to buy some 9.5 sound films they had on their website. Among the titles, there was : "Below Bureau Flap" that I couldn't find in the 9.5 catalogue. I decided to give it a try as it happens that some films have a wrong title on the can or box. Phil from CHC sent me this diplomatic answer : "thanks for the order all are available. Below Bureau Flap is not a title, but a note as to where the films are !"

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2016 12:33 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great story Dom. That's so funny. I bet you thought you'd got an ultra rare lost film there! [Big Grin]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 03, 2016 01:24 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to share that here [Smile] I don't know if they are 9.5 optical sounds in English not repetoried in catalogues. They are some titles like that is French but of course you have zero chance to get one of this rarities from a known dealer (they hall have catalogues). To get back to my story, now if any one goes to visit CHC's shop, you know where to look if you want 9.5 sound films [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dominique

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2016 02:37 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes thanks for sharing Dom. I've never visited Phils shop but I would very much like to one day. I'm sure it's an Alladins Cave.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 03, 2016 02:54 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It sure is at the moment Terry. He has had a large influx of Super 8mm films.

I think he is sorting through many before placing them on his lists but this is great news for all Super 8mm fans here.

A great time to visit his site regularly, or give the shop a visit if you get the opportunity.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 03, 2016 05:09 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The list is still on the site (even the titles I bought) :

Demons of the deep
Homes of our King -2
The Green pack -5
Denizens of the Wild 2
When Knights were Bold -6
Strike it rich – 6
Sporting Love – 6
Below Bureau Flap
Interupted Honeymoon – 6
This is the Life -4
Ten Minute Alibi – 6
Soft Lights and sweet Music -6
Jericho – 5
Juries Evidence -5
Man in the Mirror – 6
Marry The Man -6

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2016 05:17 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a story, Dom!
But what is meant by "Below Bureau Flap"? I can not translate it! What place is it?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 07, 2016 03:25 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found this picture : http://www.southerncomfortfurniture.co.uk/Bureaux.htm

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2016 04:42 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Ok! [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC