This is topic knob on side of 256? in forum 8mm Forum at 8mm Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:;f=1;t=006320

Posted by Jim Schrader (Member # 9) on June 29, 2011, 07:55 PM:
what do these do? it is the spinning knob tha tis the same level as the lens.
Posted by Pasquale DAlessio (Member # 2052) on June 29, 2011, 08:41 PM:
HI Jim

Doesn't that pull out to adjust the level of the projector [Confused]

Posted by Jim Schrader (Member # 9) on June 30, 2011, 09:00 AM:
nope this is on the same level as the lens here is a picture circled in red it spins with the machine while its running.
Posted by Bart Smith (Member # 780) on June 30, 2011, 09:03 AM:
It's an inching knob.

If you spin it clockwise it will advance the film frame by frame, anticlockwise it will go back a frame.

One complete revolution = 1 frame advance.

Motor off, needless to say!
Posted by Douglas Meltzer (Member # 28) on June 30, 2011, 09:13 AM:
Bart beat me to it. The inching knob is used to manually advance the film, which is always good for syncing those Americom films where you need to start with the "dot" frame in the gate. Also good for retracting the pull down claw while cleaning.

Posted by Bart Smith (Member # 780) on June 30, 2011, 09:18 AM:
IIRC there are some Eumigs (the ones where you swap the Super/Standard 8 gate??) where the inching knob is marked with a red dot that you have to align correctly if you want to swap them over so that you don't snap off the claw teeth. In the red dot position the teeth are drawn back into the projector.
Posted by Steve Klare (Member # 12) on June 30, 2011, 09:21 AM:
That is true, and as much as I like the Eumig 800 series this is my major gripe with them: the chance to reduce a perfectly good machine to a boat anchor by making just one mistake!
Posted by Jim Schrader (Member # 9) on June 30, 2011, 09:26 AM:
wow quick replies thanks

Visit for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC

Powered by Infopop Corporation