8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » knob on side of 256?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: knob on side of 256?
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2011 07:55 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what do these do? it is the spinning knob tha tis the same level as the lens.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 29, 2011 08:41 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Jim

Doesn't that pull out to adjust the level of the projector [Confused]

PatD

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2011 09:00 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nope this is on the same level as the lens here is a picture circled in red it spins with the machine while its running.
 -

--------------------
jim schrader

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2011 09:03 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's an inching knob.

If you spin it clockwise it will advance the film frame by frame, anticlockwise it will go back a frame.

One complete revolution = 1 frame advance.

Motor off, needless to say!

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 30, 2011 09:13 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bart beat me to it. The inching knob is used to manually advance the film, which is always good for syncing those Americom films where you need to start with the "dot" frame in the gate. Also good for retracting the pull down claw while cleaning.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2011 09:18 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC there are some Eumigs (the ones where you swap the Super/Standard 8 gate??) where the inching knob is marked with a red dot that you have to align correctly if you want to swap them over so that you don't snap off the claw teeth. In the red dot position the teeth are drawn back into the projector.

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 30, 2011 09:21 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is true, and as much as I like the Eumig 800 series this is my major gripe with them: the chance to reduce a perfectly good machine to a boat anchor by making just one mistake!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2011 09:26 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow quick replies thanks

--------------------
jim schrader

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC