• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 682 € for 22 amateur films

Unbeleviable...

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/LOT-22-BOBIN...torefresh=true

Dominique
    They are very rare duplex prints on Kodachrome.

Maurice

Comment

Certainly, Maurice but 682 € is very high price, even in France where films and material tend to be more expensive than in the UK.

Comment

Wow all these Pathe Duplex 4.75mm Films must have been taken in 1956-57 at the height of this amazing Widescreen Format, this is very very rare
        I have never seen 4.75mm Films on ebay , no wonder they got such a High Price.

http://www.pathefilm.uk/95gearpathe1.htm

Comment

I have already seen, "in real" (at cine fairs and in shops) 4.75 mm films but never with large horizontal picture. I know a member of the French 9.5 club who has "super 9.5" films. I wonder how much those films worth as, I think, "super 9.5" is a rarer gauge than 4.75 mm.

Comment

I must explain why Duplex is so rare.

The original Duplex system lasted from 1956 to only 1957.

The Pathe Lido Duplex Camera and the Pathe Monaco Duplex Projector were used on their sides. The camera was loaded with 50ft of double perforated 9.5mm film which would be run through twice like standard 8 film and then split to 4.75mm after processing. The image was somewhat wide-screen.

The idea never caught on, and as Grahame Newham said, it was quite a problem lacing and handling 4.75mm film!

Eventually the Duplex parts were removed from the camera and the projector and they were sold for ordinary 9.5mm use.

Maurice

Comment

Correct, Maurice. There were two systems. One "vertical" and one "horizontal". The eBay films were shot with the horizontal system, that's the first time I see those.

Comment

Working...
              X