Heurtier Tri Guage Sound Projector 9.5mm 16mm 8mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heurtier Tri Guage Sound Projector 9.5mm 16mm 8mm

Sold on eBay UK for the princely sum of £335 plus P&P. It would go with amp and speakers if picked up. Hope that's what going to happen. Was an interesting projector haveing all parts required for 8mm 9.5mm and 16mm with magnetic sound. Untested but still an interesting lot. In many ways I would have liked to have gone for it being just up the way and to the right. 😊 Anyway, hope it has a great future with the new custodian.

I take to opportunity to give an advice about that projector regarding the sound device as I know they are not as famous in the UK than on the continent. Assuming the pieces for the three gauges are with the projector, there should be no problem to project a silent film in 8mm, 9.5 or 16mm. However, for the sound you have to make sure the soundhead is also "tri-gauges" as there were single-gauge ones (I assume they were cheaper and if a film enthusiast needed only sound for one gauge, he didn't want to pay for a more expensive device). So you may end with a machine with, for example a 8mm soundhead and not be able to watch a 9.5 sound film (a 16mm film, neither but obviousely those three gauges projectors are now mainly used for 9.5).

Comment

Hi Dominique. The ebay listing is under "sold" "completed". Searchable for UK using my heading.
      I've captured some pictures of the listing. I think the heads and gates are correct for the Tri Gauge. The other set is in the projector.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-11-11-16-05-39~2.png
Views:	321
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	46650 Here's the head and gates with 9.5 in the projector:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-11-11-16-05-48~2.png
Views:	321
Size:	917.1 KB
ID:	46652 I wouldn't have got it as I was only going to go to £200.
      I think it'll need work but will be a lovely unit once done. I have too many 8mm projectors in need of service to take on such a challenge. I have gone down the more focused route of the Pathé Baby for the films I have. More my cup of tea.
      Would be nice to see the Heurtier once completed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211111_195411.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	46657 Hello Stuart. Here is a picture of my tri-gauges head (I have a second tri-gauges Heurtier with a 8mm soundhead, but at another place, so I cannot picture it at the moment, this head has been, modified by a French ninefiver member of the French club to accept 9.5 films, so it's possible to to it). The projector sold on Ebay seems nice.
        Last edited by Dominique De Bast; November 11, 2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Liked my tri gauge but took up so much space had to go.
          Quite a brutal projector to antique film but interesting. We used it at a number of our 9-5 meetings but worth remembering the age of the films you are projecting. Very fragile 80 years on.

The Vox is so kind to sound films and so the better choice perhaps.

Comment

I still haven't projected enough to know about ware and tare on film but a point I often miss. I'm now thinking about making up a test film with something like Engineers Blue just to note scratches and the like. Ummm.

Comment

Working...
            X