Expensive cartoon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expensive cartoon!

€ 195 for I Heard (Betty Boop), a cartoon that is nor rare.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/PELICULA-CIN...wAAOSw8A1dxl93

I agree Dominique, a ridiculous price.

Is it sound or silent? The sound version is really great. I love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rABrHxCuT7M

The colourised version makes a mess of the joke where the miners, covered in dust clean in a shower before their lunch break. After lunch they return to the shower and get dirty again before going back to work.

Maurice

Comment

Good question, Maurice ! It's not even guaranteed that it's a sound version !

Comment

I agree Dom. This is not rare as Betty Boop cartoons go on 9.5. Possibly the most popular BB title released on 9.5.

Graham S

Comment

Looks to be silent to me, which makes it even more ridiculous. But there is a best offer option so perhaps the seller might accept £1.95

Comment

The best 9-5 sound cartoons for me are the British Steve the Horse ones (you have to be part mad to love em)
            Probably the most popular of all amongst my 9-5 pals is Parade of the Wooden Soldiers BB which I finally retired to the archive section once I got the Blu-Ray set which contains the film amongst others from a recent 4K scan something to behold.(On disc 4)
            Goodness knows how many times I've projected the film on my Vox and watched it at the Northern Meetings but it sure is popular.

Comment

Pathescope released six Steve titles on 9.5mm sound in 1938, regrettably, they are quite rare as they were all withdrawn by 1945.
              I don't have any on 9.5mm, but I do have a 16mm sound copy of "Steve Steps Out" from 1936.

Maurice

Comment

The only special thing about a lot of European 9.5 Bettys is that they tend to have the original main titles which are often rare as hen teeth in 16mm, as far our American 16mm market goes.

Comment

Working...
                X