Buckingham RM1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckingham RM1

Listed on eBay is this Buckingham conversion, and it looks to be a sound version. Should fetch a very high price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176073340...Bk9SR6CU7YGGYw
    Last edited by Terry Sills; December 03, 2023, 10:39 AM.

Well it ended at £361.00, surprisingly low, so perhaps it was a silent one?

Comment

Certainly looks like a sound machine. Unfortunately prices seem to have fallen off a cliff edge lately and it's the same across many hobbies, items that once achieved high prices are no longer doing so. Perhaps due to folks having less spare cash or also the fact that many in these hobbies are getting older, collections become more 'static' and the interest to acquire more equipment lessens, as more enthusiasts pass on the competition when acquiring such equipment lessens too. Sounds pretty morbid but it shows the need to also attract young blood into these hobbies to keep them alive.

Comment

Surprisingly low final amount. It did look a sound machine with the exciter lamp housed in that black box, never seen it like that before. It didn't interest me as it was Optical only and I would want the Mag sound version which could also explain the low final amount. I suppose the younger collectors today (who have the money), I don't believe are interested in 9.5 optical sound prints, most of which are over 70 years old.

Graham S

Comment

Definitely an optical sound machine. Enlarging the pictures confirms this. Bren and Graham make valid points. Most hobby type clubs are in decline due partly to changes in lifestyle and finances. Regarding film collecting and amateur movie making it is due to the enormous number of streaming and tv channels and the rapid changes of formats etc.

Comment

I feel I should add that I feel that cinemas are in steep decline, particularly the multiplexes. I think that it will be the small independents that have the best chance of survival.

Comment

Eye its all changing particularly in my line of work Media. Its all studio driven of course as they abandon physical media to regain total ultimate control.
              They are also dictating the compression you are viewing which is generally poor by previous standards we enjoyed.

Treasure your REEL film prints!

Comment

Working...
              X