No announcement yet.

How did you get into 9-5? Our stories..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I began in 1986,at the age of 11, when I found an old S8 camera in my grandma's house, a Bell and Howell 3000 XL. went out to buy the 1st film I found (Agfa moviechrome 40) and set off shooting our cousins on the beach.
    After that I knew about the Double 8 format, which I liked more due to cameras being clockwork, but could not get my hands on one (Canon Reflex Zoom 8) until 1993 when I discovered one abandoned in a photo repair shop ("if you pay the repair it's yours as it sat for ages"). Shot the remaining expired stocks I found of Kodachrome 25 as it was discontinued then and also shot lots of Widescreencentre re-labeled kahl (orwo UP32 film) BW reversal
    But that same year I found an old book languishing in our school's library (Le livre guide du cineiste amateur), dated 1954, where it talked about... 9,5!!!
    Since then I had drooled over that almost impossible to find format. Somebody told me that somebody still managed to get film, but at that time there was no internet, no online sales, no nothing, so had to wait until summer 2021, when I managed to visit Bievres fair and went back with a nice pathe clockwork camera, a Pathe National II, a Webo A, and bought from leboncoin in france one Marignan/joinville projector and one camex ercsam
    The webo A has the focusing ring well stuck and I am trying to free it up but so far to no avail. It had 2 cartridges with film, almost new, one B/W and other one color (hope no one did open them up to see what was inside)

Managed to meet Herr Otte in Calella, and Dominique as well, so gave Herr Otte a can of Foma R100 to slit and reperfor, so hope to begin shooting in 9,5 soon!
    And so far this is my story
    Best regards

Comment

Working...
    X