A Silent Buckingham !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Silent Buckingham !!

Just come across an ad for a silent Buckingham. Never heard of one before.
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ieki-163536828

So I phoned Tony Reypert (Mr Buckingham). Yes. He made silent versions to order. How many? He said he wasn't sure, but he did make 160 Buckingham 9.5mm conversions in total.
    He said he still gets phone calls from 9.5mm enthusiasts trying to order a Buckingham.

Maurice

I'm not sure but I think the silent Buckingham projectors were sold for £ 475.

Comment

Thank you, Dominique.

Sounds reasonable. In 2003 the optical models were £795, and the opt/mag were £975.

Regarding the silent model, I asked Tony about the speed. He said that the belt and pulleys used gave a speed of 18 frames per second which seemed quite acceptable to buyers.

Maurice

Comment

Wow! Only 160 sound conversions. That must make them very rare these days and the opt/mag even rarer. No wonder you rarely see any listed on eBay.

Comment

Interesting to hear about the speed. On 240v ELF's, a silent speed was not offered even though you can change the belt on to the other shutter pulley, outcome unknown. Silent speed by doing that was only correct on 60hz versions according to the instruction book and label inside the case, so I don't know what the resulting effect was for UK machines. Maybe the Buckingham machines had a modification on the shutter pulley to obtain 18fps for 240v.

Comment

Working...
          X