New old expired 9.5mm film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New old expired 9.5mm film

While I eagerly wait for CFA to come through with my sizeable 9.5mm film order made many months ago, I came across and picked up five rolls of G.E.F. Superpanchro 9,5mm film. I tried to find info about it online but came empty handed. Does anyone know about this film?

Click image for larger version

Name:	451439510_1846651379144744_2809350267931458812_n.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	103636

Hi Yoram.
    As far as I understand Superpanchro film is a black and white film base that is highly sensitive to colours, and is capable of storing a greater bandwidth of all wavelengths of visible light.

It is meant to be used with a colour filter system, which allows you to be able to push and pull the contrast ratio on whatever colour is being filmed, depending on what filter is being used.

For example by placing a red filter on the camera it will turn a light blue sky into a dark gray one, rather than light gray.
    It also has a higher resolution to that of standard black and white film, as it was originally designed for aviation aerial photography.

Comment

I suggest you to ask René Dupin from the Ciné Club 9,5 de France.

Comment

Here’s a short overview about the differences between the different types of B&W filmtypes:
        https://www.linabessonova.photograph...l-sensitivity/

Comment

Working...
        X