Lamp switch for pathe baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamp switch for pathe baby

I have installed a switch to provide independent lamp control on my Pathe Baby. I had previously modified the lamp circuit for 12v 20w halogen lamp illumination so it was a simple mod to install a single pole toggle switch into the 12v output of the transformer previously mounted into the base of the machine. I was finding the constant illumination and heat from the lamp annoying during threading operations and this very easy modification is a very nice improvement since the lamp can be off until the thread up is completed and the film is verified to be moving correctly before powering up the lamp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0859 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.4 KB ID:	103744
    The switch fits between a couple of the ribs in the projector base and no change or damage to the existing base is necessary.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0861.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.9 KB ID:	103745

That's nice work, Paul!

You made an improvement to a piece of vintage equipment and respected its history by leaving it reversible!

(Let's hope all those people making EVs out of antique cars follow your example!)

Comment

Working...
    X