Event 9.5 ANNUAL GET-TOGETHER 18th October 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event 9.5 ANNUAL GET-TOGETHER 18th October 2020

This is a provisional date to put in your diary for the 9.5 Annual Get-Together in Harpenden.

I will add more information as the details firm up and pending Karaoke Virus status.

Keep well and God bless.

Update: It will be taking place at the usual venue all being well.

HARPENDEN PUBLIC HALLS
    Southdown Road
    Harpenden
    Hertfordshire
    AL5 1TE

United Kingdom of 9.5mm.

Comment

Thanks for posting those inforamtions, here. Sadly, Grahame's site is no longer updated (I was expecting to read a little tribute ; there is not even mention of his death).
      Eurostar is currently not selling "cheap" tickets for those days in October but I will try to come (by train if they bring their reasonnable fares back or by coach if they don't).

Comment

I hear that the Eurostar web site crashed yesterday from too many people trying to access it. With that number of people booking I suspect they won't offer reductions at least until the holiday surge is over.

Comment

Sounds about right Brian I would hold off for a bit Dom. They are predicting up to 70% of Brits wont be travelling outside of the UK this year for a holiday so the price is bound to come down I guess.

Comment

This event is only a few miles from me so I should be there, always a good friendly one and I possibly might do a stall again ,Mark

Comment

Good news Mark. Its only a couple of hundred miles for us but I think Dom holds the record for attending many film events including this one.

Comment

Shorty beats me for Blackpool but I admitt I move a lot.
                ​​​​I do enjoy British films events. It's always very well organisées, there is a friendly ambiance, usually a large amount of films and material to sell and, when there are projections, which is almost always the case, the selection of films is good and various.

Comment

Eurostar tickets booked.

Comment

Just received the news that Harpenden this year has been cancelled following dot Gov guide lines.
                    The Renown film festivals have aslo been cancelled including Stockport in October.

Sad but we hopefully will have Pimlico to look forward to in 2021.

At the end of the day it's all about safety and larger group numbers. Keep safe God bless and carry on projecting.

Comment

Thanks Lee. Yes also heard the news that Harpenden is cancelled. I also expect Blackpool will be cancelled nearer the time as this virus is not going away quickly .

Comment

Bad news but the situation regarding the covid 19 seems not good at all.

Comment

Yes I got notified it was cancelled too, that's a shame, not really a surprise with numbers of Covid rising again, most events have been cancelled, hopefully next year things will start to improve, Mark

Comment

Just back from our recuperation break after our car crash and quiet time (not a good time if I'm honest)...But getting there.

Will have to see about Blackpool but a few of us have a back up plan :-) as we feel for those travelling from outside the UK with little info forthcoming.

Minor upside is that EAST LANCASHIE UK FILM FAIR will be returning at a brand new central town venue with dealer tables just £25 and entrance £3. This will be happening in 2021 as we firm up arrangements with the council and safety officers. Watch the space :-) Girls and boys but full details will be published in the excellent PROJECTIONS MAGAIZINE.
                            I'm negotiating a main dealers room and two working cinemas throughout the day!
                            Last edited by Lee Mannering; August 15, 2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I've just cancelled my train ticket (no refund, but I will get a voucher). Sadly, the situation is getting so bad in Belgium that it would not have been wise to travel to the UK this week-end. I will more than probably also cancell my tickets bought for November (for the Blackpool event) so next time I will go to London, this wonderful city will be out of the EU. Bloody virus...

Comment

Working...
                              X