Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70 year old 9.5mm found amateur film, final part.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 year old 9.5mm found amateur film, final part.

This is the final part of a large 9.5mm reel of amateur film. This last section has a title Lynton and Lynmouth 11th September 1949. Unfortunately there is no footage of the town, but there are several sections showing people.

Interesting to think the little boy at the end is very probably alive today.

The person operating the camera shot only a few short sections with, presumably, his wife and their friends, but shot many long sections of sea and waves, and a bird at a huge distance, as well as lots of footage shot out of the window of a moving bus, and / or train. It ends with a long sequence where he inexplicably seems to be filming the road!

Needless to say, I've only kept the interesting parts from the telecine.

The link:

https://youtu.be/qPFIzbchJtU

Fantastic Iain, I recognise a lot of the scenes in this clip, been there many times.

Comment

Ha that's great Leonard! I bought another reel along with this one, which the seller thought was a commercial film as it had title pages at the end, but it turns out to be amateur too, probably the same person, so it will be interesting to see what's on there too.

Comment

Amazing picture quality, so sharp with inky blacks, looks like 16mm.

Comment

Hi Paul, yes I'm amazed at the quality of good 9.5mm film. Here's a couple of stills from it. These could easily be printed as photos!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1949d.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	1785

Click image for larger version

Name:	1949c.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1784

Comment

Working...