French 9.5 group projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French 9.5 group projections

This thread is the continuation of the one started on the previous version of this forum. As a reminder, the monthly projections start in October and end in May. There are held in Paris (to be precise in Boulogne, about 10 minutes walk from the closer metro station ; the address is : salle des Abondances 49 rue Saint Denis 92100 Boulogne Billancourt). There is usually one or two amateur film, then a feature. As expected, all is in French, except for a very limited number of films who were released by Pathé in English with French subtitles. The projections may sadly end in a near future as a consequence of a new French law that forces organizators of public events to have one person dedicated for the safety, even if it's irrelevant like for the projections. It costs a lot of money to rent a professional just to be there. Unofficially, I heard that the projections may be kept until May but the site of the French club has not scheduled anything for 2020, yet. There is still a hope that a kind of exemption could be given but so far it looks like that will not be the case. The next (and hopefully not the last) projection will be on Tuesday 17 December at 2:30 pm. The feature that will be projected is La cage aux rossignols.

What a sad world. I was a professional projectionist, actually still am because I can walk into any cinema of the world and screen a film. Bureaucrats try to strangle everything natural, especially common sense.

Comment

I completely agree, Simon. Sadly, I have to report that due to hard strike in France, the projection scheduled on next Tuesday has been cancelled. The films that were programmed will be shown in January.

Comment

The projection is confirmed for next Tuesday. The main film will be La cage aux rossignols.

Comment

The lady who takes care of the posters could not access the place where the projections are held so someone from there made one. There is a mistake about the time 3 pm instead of 2:30 pm but time isn't as précise here as in Anglo-saxons or Germanic countries 😉

Comment

Sorry, the picture of the poster was missing in my preceeding message

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200218_152308.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	4329 Today's programmation

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200218_140237.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	4309 The "cinéma"
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200218_141044.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	4310 Better with the screen
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1219.jpg Views:	8 Size:	42.7 KB ID:	4311
              Last edited by Dominique De Bast; February 18, 2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, all "unnecessary" activities are suspended for the moment at the place where the projections are held, so the next "séance" is cancelled and the next ones will depend on the situation regarding the Coronavirus...

Comment

It's unfortunate dominique that these activities have to be postponed...but a necessary precaution to help detour the spread of the Coronavirus.

Comment

Indeed, Janice. Also, in French-speaking Belgium and in France (like in many other Latin countries), people tend, unlike in Anglo-saxons countries) to kiss to say hello, which helps the virus to spread. That habit has to be putten into brackets for the next weeks (or months ?)...

Comment

Working...
                    X