No announcement yet.

Another test result with Pathe Baby cameras and long expired B&W negative film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another test result with Pathe Baby cameras and long expired B&W negative film

Another short test result for my Christmas day experiments with hand cranked c1923 Pathe Baby camera, and also a brief clip at the end, shot with a different Pathe Baby with the camo motordrive attachment:

Click image for larger version  Name:	camo2w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.4 KB ID:	2259
    Again developed in Perceptol stock solution and overexposure with the filming, and also overexposure with the digital capture in the telecine process, (corrected later to normal levels) to reduce the appearance of grain in the long expired Ferrania film.
    Shot with the standard lenses and using the 1m and 0.5m push on lenses from a Pathe B.

The video link is below, but here are some single frames which better show the quality of the film before youtube compression. These frames of my nephews were shot with the 0.5m push on. The aperture was wide open on both cameras due to the very weak winter sun. Nice results considering sub-optimal conditions!

George:

Click image for larger version  Name:	George1a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	2260
    Click image for larger version  Name:	George1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.2 KB ID:	2261
    Click image for larger version  Name:	George2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.2 KB ID:	2262

And Jack:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jack1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	2263

And the video :

https://youtu.be/aa_PoGPNUBo

Great stuff Iain, keep 'em coming!

Comment

Thanks Leonard! I've been distracted by trying to slit and perforate my own 9.5mm recently, and bucket processing colour 16mm film, both experiments unsuccessful so far. Hopefully some positive results to share soon
      Iain

Comment

Nice results Iain! Playing with expired stock is usually a gamble and takes some experimentation. It looks like you have a hold on it here.

Comment

Cheers Evan! Yes, I used to view my failures with this stock as tragedies now I don't see it as a waste but an essential part of the process of getting it right. Or getting it good enough at least.

Comment

Working...
          X