A German collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A German collector

posted several videos of his 9.5 projectors.

The first link shows (after 1:30 -, before it's an enjoyable extract of King Kong) several machines : King Kong 9,5mm sound film, 1933 and smal part of privat collection - YouTube

A converted Eiki/Elf (at 1:40). I don't see any "Buckingham" mention, so the convertion may have been done by someone else : EIKI - ELF - RM1 sound Projector, professional converted to 9,5mm Pathe format - YouTube

The famous Super Vox : Pathe Super Vox 9,5mm 1937 - YouTube

The Heurtier HSM : Heurtier - HSM - Tri Film Projector with Heutier 6W Tube Amplifier - YouTube

The Ligonie OSM 950 : LIGONIE 9,5 OSM 950 Filmprojektor mit Ton 9,5mm - YouTube

The Joinville: (at 1:40, after Popeye) : Pathé Webo Joinville - 9,5mm SOUND Projektor - Popeye - I YAM WHAT I YAM - YouTube

The Ciné Gel : Cine Gel Royal 235 (9,5 & 16mm Sound Projector - 1949) & Heurtier Amplificateur Optique 10W - YouTube

Thanks for that post Dom. Lovely to see those 9.5'ers but not so keen on the idea of twisting the film on some of them. I would worry about film damage.

Comment

I totally agree with you, Lee, especially as those films are no young anymore.

Comment

I assume the German collector hasn't realised there is a mask to slide over to obscure the soundtrack from the screen. Or is he just proving a point?

The Joinville (and the Pax) was never liked as it employed a "shute" to stabilise the intermittent movement. As Grahame Newnham once said to me "the shute doesn't like warped film or a badly made splice".

Maurice

Comment

Also although I admire his collection, he shows some unfortunate practices . On one clip he switches the motor off before switching the lamp off and also when a film had finished and cleared the projector mechanism he left the motor on with the film tail whipping/thrashing around. Both not good procedures in my view.

Comment

Had a Super Vox but the design changes actually made it less reliable than the standard Vox. In the end I went back to just the regular Vox which has given zero trouble with its updated transistor amplifier, halogen lamp and Bolex lens. Have another with a valve pre amp in which mounted on top gives a gentle light enough for safe operation.

Nice job Dom When we get released from lock up I'll get a video together of Pierre over here and his 9-5 projectors.

Comment

I just put the links

I'm curious to see your video, Lee. Hope you're bee free again, soon.

Comment

Dot Gov did say end of March, but they are ramping up the Vaccine now and so this morning maybe February will see a relaxation if we can learn to behave.

Miss the events, talking over all things 9-5 and even events of old like the Wimborne Dorset film event. That 9-5 weekend was the best film fun ever and we all had a really great time watching 9-5, 17.5 and 28mm on the cinema style screen. The good time will return I am sure for us all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wimbs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.4 KB ID:	25555

Fingers crossed we will see HARPENDEN later in the year which should be around the 3rd week in October 21.

Comment

Working...
                X