Telecine of Pathe Baby 1920s amateur film "Eric and Kath Going Away "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telecine of Pathe Baby 1920s amateur film "Eric and Kath Going Away "

I've had this Baby cassette for years but never had the equipment to watch it, but today I finally got round to digitising it with the DIY telecine

Click image for larger version

Name:	pbr.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	3251

It says on the label: " Eric and Kath Going Away. Photos in the Garden."

Click image for larger version  Name:	pb2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	3249

As it's an early French made cassette, and the sprocket holes are quite rounded (a feature of the earlier film, I read) I'm assuming this is a 1920s film, but hopefully someone more knowledgeable can confirm or correct this! The cars, clothing and hats seems 1920s to me anyway.
    The film was quite warped and bent in places so the telecine was not easy, but the final result has come out really quite well.

Amazing to think that the older people in the film, some of whom look in their 70s, were probably born in the 1850s! I love these Pathe Baby time capsules.
    Here are some stills, and the link to the full film is at the bottom.

Eric, in the glasses:

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.9 KB ID:	3236

And Kath, smiling in the centre:

Click image for larger version  Name:	pb11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.9 KB ID:	3242

Click image for larger version  Name:	pb4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	3237
    Click image for larger version  Name:	pb5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.0 KB ID:	3238

Click image for larger version  Name:	pb6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.8 KB ID:	3239

Click image for larger version  Name:	pb7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	195.0 KB ID:	3240

Click image for larger version  Name:	pb10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.0 KB ID:	3241

And here's the whole film:

https://youtu.be/fnv5J9mi6B8
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Iain Petrie; January 31, 2020, 10:09 AM.

Yet another triumph Iain, love these old films!

Comment

Thanks mate, more to come, as I'm close to breaking the 2 second per frame telecine barrier

Comment

Just amazing Iain! A window into a different world.

Comment

Working...
        X