Specto 9.5mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specto 9.5mm

I was recently given an early Specto 9.5mm projector by a fellow forum member. As it didn’t have an original power lead I have rewired it and cleaned the motor. That is now running well.
    The rest of the mechanism is very stiff to turn. I am looking for advice on the best way to dismantle & lubricate the cam and drive mechanism.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart
    You may find an old topic interesting:-

8mm Forum: Specto 9.5 gearbox overhaul (film-tech.com)

Comment

Thanks Maurice. The post you suggested led me to a previous post which provided the answer. A few drops of oil into the hole for the rewind switch. Projector now running well.

Comment

Great news, Stuart ! Once again, Maurice was helpful 🙂

Comment

Thank you gentleman.
          The rewind lever lifts out to assist adding oil to the gearbox. Don't forget to put it back.

Comment

Would anyone happen to have a spare rewind band for a Specto Model B?
            Has anyone successfully converted the lamp or knows of any original lamps for sale?

Comment

Stuart
              If the Specto model B uses the 100watt, 30volt lamp, here are some on eBay.

Projector bulb lamp A1/3 100W 30V for SPECTO + other projectors ..... 38 | eBay

Comment

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Auv...REz6_K5CCXvLwA

Comment

Stuart,

I have a whole shelf of Specto Machines that have been gathering dust awaiting a refurb or stripped for bits, let me know what you need. I also have just sold 2 Specto machines that have had a "QI" lamp modification to halogen lamps, one was a 12v lamp the other a 24 v lamp. Both these machines performed excellently with the mod.

Nick

Comment

Here is a YouTube video of the 9,5mm Specto with the add on sound head manufactured by Accociated Cine Equipment. Seems to do a pretty good job!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zqaXMUrA2o

Comment

Better than silent, but let's be honest, pretty poor quality sound reproduction. Early days though I suppose.

Comment

Has anyone an idea for a different lens to use in this projector? I have the standard Dallmeyer 1" lens. It's not a great lens and a bit long as well. I have tried to fit a few other fixed length lenses, but it needs a fairly long barrel to fit. No luck so far! Anyone any ideas?

- Rob

Comment

I would also be interested to know if alternative lenses are available. My Elmo CL adapter works but not a very elegant solution!

Comment

Grahame Newnham said that the film with the ACE sound unit "goes round the sound unit after the take-up sprocket". This obviously means that the film is pulled over the sound drum by the take-up spool. Not a very good idea.

9.5mm Sound Attachments (pathefilm.uk)

Comment

Rob

Specto advertised 1 1/2" / 2" / 2 1/2" / 3" Lenses for the 100 machines There were machines factory fitted with lenses badged Specto - Dallmeyer - Taylor Hobson to name 3. The Specto 500 8 mm machines had either a 3/4" or a 1" lens

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X