No announcement yet.

9.5 ANNUAL GET-TOGETHER 2021 updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee, I still hope I will be able to travel to the country of the breakfast but if I have to pay for a test or stay isolated in a hotel, I will, indeed have to pass my turn for this year. Eurostar did not refund the tickets bought two years ago but issued vouchers valid until the 30 th December, I don't know if this validity will be extended or not...

Comment

Had that with a holiday winding up with vouchers. In the end threw it in the hands of el card people who obtained a refund for us.

Be careful also when taking out insurance cover. If you are booking a trip with previous knowledge covid may affect it the insurance companies are not paying out. I'll spare you the story of a friend needing a xray overseas and after a private ambulance trip 1 xray at a cost of 1200 bucks he got home and the insurers would not pay out as he had booked a holiday knowing covid could affect it.

Comment

If the situation has not improved in October, I will probably not risk travelling to the UK. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Eurostar finally put first prices seats online, so I used my vouchers and bought a return ticket, hoping the situation has improved in October (if not, I will pass my turn...).

Comment

REELY look forward to seeing you Dom. We have booked a table so come say hello :-) England seems to be operating OK and you have the option to wear a mask on most transport or not so I'm guessing you will make it OK. Will be nice to see other 9-5ers once again and catch up on the latest news.

Comment

Hope to see you, there, Lee. My main concern is that, at this moment you must make a test at your arrival (and it's not free in the UK) and if you're positive, you have to stay in an expensive hotel choosen by the British government. I hope that will no longer be so in October.

Comment

We do seem to be making things complicated (I have just looked up the rules for the Amber list Belgium is currently on) and they do change with little notice maybe it will be green by October. I see you have to take a test before departing at present, that could help avoid the quarantine. I hope you are double vaccinated both for your health and travel reasons.

Comment

I am, Brian (with Pfizer). Sadly, being vaccinated doesn't make a difference to travel to the UK (it does within the EU), so I will keep my fingers crossed for Belgium changing from amber to green.

Comment

The Group 9.5 get-together will take place at Chorleywood War Memorial Hall, Common Road WD3 5LN on Sunday 24th October, doors open 11.00. Chorleywood War Memorial Hall
                    There’s a footpath from the station to the hall. If you arrive on the down line platform (i.e. from London) you’ll need to cross the tracks by the subway. Across the road from the station entrance you will see a flight of steps. Go up theses steps and continue up through the housing estate. It’s called Betjeman Close and is a right of way. Bear right, keep going and through the gap in the gates at the top and onto the main road. Turn left and the hall is immediately on the left.
                    If you’re coming by car, it’s 5 minutes from junction 18 of the M25. Google maps appears to direct you sharp right onto Old Common Road; ignore this and keep straight on. The hall is immediately after the golf club on the right and the entrance to the car park is on the left.

Comment

Comment

WELCOME CLIFF dear friend!

For those who do not know dear Cliff is chairman of Group 9-5 who have kept the interest going in 9.5mm for many years now.

He is also as bigger fan of Bela Lugosi as I am 😲 if that's possible.

We look forward to travelling south for this wonderful gathering of all thing 9-5 and other formats. Thanks to the committee for making the event happen.

DOM. Things are changing in ENGLAND and I do think eventually with the dot Gov signals we are hearing over hear it will in the end depend if anyone entering has been vaccinated and not having the possibility of a lockin when here. They are already telling us to go to a concert it may depend on if you have had the jabs or not which seems a bit more reasonable. Keep and ear I think you will be OK.

Comment

Still willing to travel but we still need a covid test within 48 hours at the arrival in the UK and those tests are about £ 80, which is not cheap at all, so, so far, it's not sure I'll be able to attend. Bloody covid.

Comment

Do hope you make it Dom the money side is a problem I know. ☹ I don't suppose they will accept a lateral flow test, we get free kits over here I can post you over a set?

A bit of exciting news. I'm doing the dealer table and chair sanitizing at the event yay! Just knew I would find my vocation one day and a 9.5mm one at that or is it vacation?

So looking forward to seeing fellow 9-5ers as is Val.

Comment

Thanks Lee. Unfortunately the expensive tests are accepted at the moment. That may change at the end of October but if course, that will be too late. But at least, I have already a passeport (which many Europeans don't, it costs around €80 in Belgium), since it's compulsory to enter the UK from today 1st October.

Comment

News today is that people (returning to the UK) at least only need a lateral flow test from Oct 24th!!! Time to check if that includes all people entering the UK. Potentially good news, unless you planned to travel the day before.

Comment

Working...
                                X