On the beach, c1930's amateur film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the beach, c1930's amateur film

This is from the same small batch of found amateur films as the recent posting here of "family with goat" and Jack's wedding" so presumably it's from a similar time, ie. around 1930, though this one was in a standard small open spool not a closed cassette.
    DIY telecine again, with around 1200 frames. The quality is not great but it's a lovely window into a long gone world!

The link: https://youtu.be/qJQwoerpydY
    Last edited by Iain Petrie; February 12, 2020, 04:04 PM.

Great job Iain, this shows the usefulness of your telecine setup as this film would never run on a projector with all the sprocket hole damage.

Comment

That’s a very finely grained stock. Processing was not up to the mark. Good lens. Splendid work on that badly worn film

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes Leonard, even my Lego telecine machine struggled to pass some of this film! Simon, very interesting to get feedback on the film type and lens. In idle moments I wonder if the large variety of frame shapes and sizes I'm seeing in different very old 9.5 film can be narrowed down to particular makes of camera.

Comment

There you have a new project, to establish a list of frames and cameras. One I have already, read about here: https://www.filmvorfuehrer.de/topic/...comment-299681. If you wish a translation, I can furnish one. Else I think an online translator should do.

Pathé Baby has widely rounded corners, as far as I know.

Comment

What a fascinating and detailed article Simon! I marvel at the skills and knowledge I'll never have. Google translate made me smile with this sentence, which perfectly captures every experience I've had trying to repair mechanical or electrical devices: "Service friendliness is not given. "

Comment

Another beautiful 9.5 transfer Iain. The film was very worn...but your captures were sharp and clean. Very impressive and I love watching these old films. I know how much time you spend on these films and it is truly appreciated.
              Last edited by Janice Glesser; February 15, 2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Thank you Janice, they are a pleasure to make and a pleasure to share. I just bought 14 more will try to select only the most interesting ones for the forum!

Comment

Working...
                X