Wittner's 9.5 cores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wittner's 9.5 cores

I'm curious to know for which split reels those cores are intended for. The German company only sells the cores. Each piece is sold € 24,36 and the minimum order is no less than...36 pieces.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gsobild_1846.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	41163

Film Core 9.5mm PATHE, Ø= 2"/50mm, white - WCT SUPER 8 FILM SHOP (wittnercinetec.com)

An unusual item. Not only that, minimum order is 36 pieces at 24.36€ each.
    Whereas the 16mm cores are so very much cheaper at 5.95€ each, with no minimum order.
    It appears that the 9.5mm cores are made to order, and why do they have three small holes?
    Perhaps Edwin might be able to advise us.

Comment

I'm not sure Edwin, who runs another company in The Netherlands will be able to give us informations about this specific German product but if he does, that would be great.
      Last edited by Dominique De Bast; August 24, 2021, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Yes. of course, what a silly mistake.
        I obviously got confused by the fact that the 9.5mm cores are made to order.

Comment

Edwin makes wonders for the hobby with 3D printed items. It seems to be new for Wittner. Prices are more realistic in The Netherlands than in Germany...

Comment

I only hope Wittners can cope with the demand for these. There must be countless 9.5 enthusiasts sending them €877 for 36 cores!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Winchester View Post
              I only hope Wittners can cope with the demand for these. There must be countless 9.5 enthusiasts sending them €877 for 36 cores!
              And, for that sort of money, I hope a leather bound set of instructions are included.

Comment

Another Wittner rip-off! Who deals with these people? I'm sure Edwin could 3D print these at a much lower price.

Comment

Another point here, Paul, is why are their 9.5mm cores so different from their 16mm ones, other than the price?

Comment

I've just noticed that they also sell super 8 cores with a similat design. Price is € 20,88 and the minimum order is also 36 pieces !

Comment

The price probably includes the 3d-printer...

Comment

Working...
                      X