No announcement yet.

Pathé Baby finding and restoration project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alessandro...Make sure the gate is pushed firmly against the film. There are a couple pieces of metal that can be bent at the top of the gate that can make the pressure plate/lamp housing fit tighter and help increase the pressure on the film.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pathe-Baby-Gate-Pressure-Plates.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.0 KB ID:	5448

Also, Ron Ashton gave me a tip that may improv the claw action. If there is too much back and forth movement in the claw shaft it can prevent the claws from protruding as far as they should. By adding a couple of washers between the shutter end of the shaft and the end bracket this can stabilize the claw and push it out further.

Also check that the take-up hub is moving freely. When I first got my baby the hub was frozen...not moving. It effected the film feeding. Here is a link to the archived thread you can use for reference http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bi...c;f=9;t=000214

Examine these suggestions and report back. Let's see if we can narrow down the problem you are having
    Last edited by Janice Glesser; March 06, 2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X