Hardy Victim de Laurel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardy Victim de Laurel

Talking Pictures TV is showing a mute Laurel & Hardy film on Saturday 18th December at 1125am. This is on 9.5mm and was released by Film Office as a 100ft short and titled "Hardy Victime de Laurel".
    This is an excerpt from the 1940 sound film, "Saps At Sea".

Maurice, did they say why they specifically choosed to broadcast this film ?

Comment

Dominique
      Their website merely says:-
      "Made in 1940, a silent short transferred from 9.5mm. Enjoy some of the earliest antics of the iconic duo with astounding stunts".
      A very vague introduction. Earliest antics in a 1940 film is not very accurate.

Comment

I have to ask why? Why not just show the sound feature from the best quality copy available. Talking Pictures is classic movie channel not a cine channel, I dont think their viewers would gain anything watching an old 9.5mm silent film that exists in full in 35mm and dvd etc. I can understand why they show amateur films from 8mm and 16mm etc. but not this.

Graham S

Comment

Perhaps they might be interested in showing my 200' B/W silent version of Star Wars?

Comment

I always find the quality of Talking Pictures broadcasts very poor. Odd gem amongst a lot of unknowns. Mind you I discovered The Informers which is a brilliant British thriller. Bought it on DVD after seeing it there.

Comment

I am surprised they made the error, as they are generally very good regarding research. It is a very popular channel particularly with the older generation. Their DVDs are very good quality. They have been present at the Group 9.5 "get togethers" for a few years now. Ken Finch.

Comment

Working...
              X