Pathé Vox partially rescued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathé Vox partially rescued

Forum member Pierre Mdihi put a video on Youtube, showing a Pathé Vox in action. The description of the video says that the picture technical parts of the projector could be fixed but not the too damaged sound part, unfortunately.

Projecteur 9.5mm : PATHE VOX (1er projecteur 9.5mm sonore) - YouTube

Dominique
    Does Pierre say what is the problem with the Vox amplifier?

Comment

Worth trying to refurb the valve amp Dom. My best vox I rebuilt also replacing the amp which was beyond usable with a modern amp.

His is clattering quite a bit so worth checking the claw for wear as most now show signs of pitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
        Does Pierre say what is the problem with the Vox amplifier?
        Non, Maurice, the description says : "(...)unfortunately, the sound part being in pour condition could not ne fixes" Maybe Pierre will be able to tell us more ?

Comment

Thank you, Dominique.

The "sound part" could be one or two parts. The optics and the separate amplifier. If it is the optics there could be a problem, but the amplifier could always be replaced by a transistorised one.

I have a Vox which has been modernised with a transistorised amp and a modern lamp. It was used for many years some twenty miles away at the Curzon Collection until the management insisted that all the items be removed.

I also was able to buy other items from the collection. A Pathescope Gem, two Pathescope Sons, and the fabulous Bolex S-32I.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks you Dominique for posting the video on the forum. It's my first 9.5mm projector and it was the first time i project a 9.5mm film. What is strange is that the person who edited the film used staples which caused breaks during the projection.

The restauration was very difficult. I had 3 Pathé vox damaged and i it allow me to put together one working. All the amplifier was in very bad shape, the were uncomplet and all the wire were cut or missing. And none have the sound cell.

So i think i will try to put a transistorized one in it when i have time.

Maurice, if it's possible i will me very interested to have photo of the modification you made on the projector for the sound part.
            Last edited by Pierre Mdihi; March 01, 2022, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Pierre
              The modification to lamp and amplifier was done many years ago, and long before I bought it. On the outside it all still looks like the original Pathe.
              I am sorry that I cannot be of any more help.

Comment

This French seller seems to know a bit about cine amplifers : Platine Amplificateur 25 Watts pour projecteur 16mm 35mm 9,5mm ou autre. | eBay and Cellule Solar neuve pour projecteurs 16mm 9,5mm Ligonie, Microtecnica etc... | eBay

Comment

Thanks you for the link. I know this seller. His name is Richard, he is a good friend of mine. He can also build amplifier custom made. I often use his services for 35 and 16mm projector.

I will contact him to know if it's can be use on the Pathé fox or i will see if he can do a custom made system.

Comment

Fantastic, Pierre ! Hope you will be able to dix the sound on your projector at the end.

Comment

Pierre
                      Do not forget that if you fit a transistorised amplifier you will need a new loud speaker.
                      The original Vox speaker did not have a permanent magnet, it was mains energised. Its coil being used as a smoothing choke in the rectifying circuit of its amplifier.

Comment

Working...
                      X