Big Screen Time Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Screen Time Revival

Next week, only two days after the special 100 years projection in Paris, there will be also an anniversary show for the 9.5, in London. Hope to see many British (and other !) ninefivers, there !

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_14859.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	66676

I would have loved to go but unfortunately because of my age no longer drive and have to rely on someone to take me or go by train and that could also be a problem with rail strikes happening at short notice. Much the same applies to the Group 9.5 get together only I am on a family holiday when that is taking place. It’s one of the problems of old age I am afraid!. The mind is willing but the body isn’t! l do miss meeting up with fellow enthusiasts.We appear to be a dying breed I am afraid. So many no longer with us. Ken Finch.

Comment

We will certainly have the pleasure to meet again at à convention, if not this year, in 2023.

Comment

In the general yak section, David, who organizes the BSTR event, announes : " the good news is we now have an HID 9.5mm silent projector . To celebrate 100 years of 9.5mm, this will be used to show - A journey through Pathescope offerings, including some of the earliest and latest releases and a few incredibly rare items and A journey through lesser known 9.5mm distributers, again with some rare offerings. There will also be a classic Popeye and Betty Boop in the 9.5mm sound show.​" I cannot wait to attend this projection.

Comment

I am sure you will enjoy it Dom. My favourite Betty Boop must be Parade of the wooden soldiers. I have a small statue of her in front of the proscenium of my home cinema. Ken Finch.

Comment

This is the beast, a Specto. It belongs to Kevin Brownlow,. As expected, the black and white films looks much better with such a lamp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221016_124551.jpg Views:	3 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	67219 Click image for larger version  Name:	20221016_124558.jpg Views:	3 Size:	134.9 KB ID:	67220

Comment

Great day great film shows. I came away from the 9.5 sound show thinking that Betty's "Grampy" must be an ancestor of Ardman's Wallace with the gadgets in his house and his improvisations.

Comment

My favourite. No doubt, it was "Betty Boop And Grampy".
                Here it is for you to enjoy too.
                Betty Boop # 43 Betty Boop And Grampy (1935) Cartoon - YouTube

Comment

No, it was "A Song a Day" (1935), where Grampy is called in to cheer up the animals in Betty's animal hospital. Especially the bits where the artificial arms dress him and he turns the stairs into a slide. Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXmsNuTUwzo

Comment

The sound films were shown with this projector.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221016_153924.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	67237 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221016_153952.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	67238

Comment

Thank you, Brian
                      Here is "A Song A Day" (1936) which tends to borrow the basic music making equipment from the earlier "Betty Boop And Grampy (1935).
                      9.5mm sound film - T.9527 "A SONG A DAY" US 1936 Betty Boop - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                      X