100 Years of 9.5mm PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Years of 9.5mm PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORIES

It would be nice to trawl our our photo archives and permanently log them on here captured by all things 9.5mm particularly events around the world that had taken place over the years. I'll start the ball rolling.

The main man
    Click image for larger version  Name:	pathecharles.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.3 KB ID:	67369

Projecting at the local library and a talk about 9.5 history.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	a Lee Heurtier.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.3 KB ID:	67361

Projecting 9.5mm films at the Liverpool festival
    Click image for larger version  Name:	untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	372.7 KB ID:	67362

Harpenden 9.5mm event with Dave
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Dave at Harpenden.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	67363

Farnworth film fair
    Click image for larger version  Name:	a farn.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.2 KB ID:	67365

East Lancashire Film Fair with much 9.5 on sale
    Click image for larger version  Name:	a elff.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	67366

H9.5 camera
    Click image for larger version  Name:	a h95.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	67367

Peter filming with his 9.5 cine camera for our railway project
    Click image for larger version

Name:	a pete.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	67370

9.5mm Film Festival day out
    Click image for larger version  Name:	a filmf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	67368

Last edited by Lee Mannering; October 19, 2022, 03:38 AM.

Nice idea Lee, but unfortunately although I have attended many events over the past 70 odd years, I never photographed or filmed them except for a river trip on a Group 9.5 trip to Arundal. Ken Finch.

Comment

Ok Here are three from the 9.5 event at Chorleywood in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
        H9.5 camera
        That is an H-8 Reflex.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wyss View Post
          That is an H-8 Reflex.
          I'm not capable of distinguing both models from the picture but talking about a H-9 camera, here is a beautiful model : Rare Caméra Paillard-Bolex H9 pour film 9,5mm gainée lézard vert - Antiq Photo (antiq-photo.com)

Name:	Rare-Bolex-Paillard-pour-format-9.5-m.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	67395

Comment

My friend opened u his H9.5 to repair it the the springs flew out but we still don't know where

Dad had a H9 or h9.5 from 1941 I think..lots of water under the bridge. He did many the .gov shows around the southern villages in wartime with his group. Filming events and projecting public information films on his 16mm converted 17.5 Home Talkie projector which worked well for the day.
            The films dad filmed still look excellent in B&W and the colour stock that was given him to record events during wartime.

I have a 9-5 film of the group speaking the sound track when the projector was running really nice keep sake for me.
            Last edited by Lee Mannering; November 03, 2022, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
              My friend opened u his H9.5 to repair it the the springs flew out but we still don't know where
              I do. If ever the wish arises to have the camera back in order, I shall gladly take care of it. Please see my website for further information.

Comment

Click my name, then click About on my profile page and find the link.

Comment

As there are 9.5mm film Clubs in UK and Spain, here is another
                  Cine-Club 9,5 de France.

http://cine9.5mm.free.fr/

Name:	Cine 9,5 France 2022.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	78140

Comment

Please, delete.

Comment

This is the latest edition :

Don't hesitate to support the French club, facing ageing of the members

Name:	Adh2023gal.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	78405

Comment

Sadly Dominic, this is the very reason for the demise of Group 9.5 and also for amateur film making clubs. There appears to be little interest from younger generations unfortunately. It would appear to me that our lives are being increasingly controlled by the internet, the media and artificial intelligence. It is quite amazing how the writings of Jules Verne, H G Wells, George Orwell etc. have become fact. Remember Hal in the film 2001, the Space Odyssey! Ken Finch😳

Comment

Working...
                        X