No announcement yet.

Pathe home movie led lamp conversions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathe home movie led lamp conversions.

Just wondered if anyone has managed to find a suitable led to replace the 12 volt halogen conversions on the Pathe Home Movie projector as a follow on topic in the old forum? Ken Finch.

Are you refering to this thread, Ken ? 8mm Forum: A New LED Bulb for My Pathe Baby (film-tech.com)

The led I bought is still working.

Comment

Hi Dom. I was just looking at the old thread and saw the one you have been using on your Coq Dor and the one Janice has tried on her Home Movie to replace the halogen. I have been looking on Amazon and EBay to see what was available now. There is now a filament version but it still has the problem of being too large to be condensed down to cover the aperture. I just wondered if someone had found anything new. It would appear that the little one Janice has been trying is still the best bet using the existing bulb holder unless anyone knows otherwise? There are plenty of replacements for domestic lighting but one can hardly expect anyone to market bulbs for old film projectors. Ken Finch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Finch View Post
        It would appear that the little one Janice has been trying is still the best bet using the existing bulb holder unless anyone knows otherwise?
        I'm so thankfull to Janice for this nice found. Hopefully the bulbs industry will bring more powerfull on the market.

Comment

Dominique Lemaire So glad that little LED bulb is still working for you... Same here. I actually haven't been researching any newer bulbs as of late. But like you perhaps someone will come out with a similar but brighter bulb solution.

Comment

Hi Janice, Does your led give a brighter picture than the halogen? Ken Finch.😊

Comment

Ken, the difference, for my eyes, is that with the led, the picture is not "yellow" but really in black and white.

Comment

Hi Dom. I guess this is because it is the cool white version. It is still a bonus if it is brighter than the original 20 volt bulbs. Ken Finch😊

Comment

Janice, can you provide a link to the LED that you used?

Comment

That LED looks just like the one I bought from Clas Olsen a couple of years ago (their shops have gone from the UK now) to try in an editor when the 10 W lamp in that burns out. I have tried it out just as a light in a lamp base and it does give a lot of light.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
                      Janice, can you provide a link to the LED that you used?
                      Looks like it's this model :G4 12V G9 220V LED 3W 5W 6W 8W 10W Dimmable COB Ampoule Remplacer Lampe Halogène | eBay​ (G4 6w lumière froide) but I'm not 100% sure, so it would be nice if Janice could confirm.

Comment

Yes the 6W, 38 mm high bulb G4 base looks the same as the one we got Dominique.

Comment

Greta, Janice. Thanks.

Comment

I wondered if anyone has found an LED replacement for an A1/7 lamp. I was transferring some 9.5 from my Specto and whilst I have a spare bulb and projector a dable into LED would be a fun project.

Comment

Hi David. It would be good if there was a direct replacement but it would be difficult to find one which runs at 115 volts with a compact led of sufficient light output. Up to now, as you may be aware, the alternative has been converting to halogen. Which has required an extra transformer as most of the suitable halogen lamps run at 12,15,or 24 volts. However, time will tell. Ken Finch.

Comment

Working...
                              X