9.5 at the Home Movie Day at the Cinema Museum London 21/10/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.5 at the Home Movie Day at the Cinema Museum London 21/10/23

I had not realised that this event takes place around this date world wide! The programme of events is online at https://airtable.com/appsCrD27VEQowI...wK9Kk9woxlCRtV
    The flier for the event in Kobe (Japan) shows a 9.5 reel of film. I wonder if they showed any?
    At the London event, most of the films brought in by the public were on 8mm. Tony Saffrey was in charge of showing 9.5, using a gold Specto converted to QI lighting. I had imagined he would use his HID machine, but it would not have been suitable for an on/off situation, and in any case the screen was very small so a bright image was achieved. After a change of lead to the very substantial transformer, we were ready for off. Only one 9.5 film was brought in, an interesting reel about the former London Underground trains used on the
    Isle of Wight railway.

As there was nothing else to show, two films (which were not strictly “home movies”) made by Group 9.5 members were projected, just to keep the flag flying!
    Amanda Huntley from the Huntley film Archive did a presentation about the various gauges of home movies. She was pleased to hear that a few nine-fivers are still filming on 9.5 and that processing of 9.5 filmstock is still available in theUK from John Salim.
    There was also theUK premiere of the film 9 ½ created by INEDITS Amateur Films –Memory of Europe Association in celebration of the centenary of 9.5mm film. I didn’t notice it was on because I was busy with other things. Did anybody else watch it?
    Many thanks to Louise Pankhurst and the volunteers for giving us a fun day; I’m sure that the Group 9.5 and Forum members that attended enjoyed it as much as I did.

Comment

Some pictures, here : https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...ovie-day-event 😉

Comment

I had added two not very good pictures on my second post on this thread, and they disappeared - which would be down to me I think so I'll have another go:- showing the screens that the movies were projected on (!) and the bench used for previewing and repairing films.

Comment

Working...
        X