Latest issue of the 9.5 uk magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest issue of the 9.5 uk magazine

The following is the text of the email that I recently sent to the group of nine-fivers who have expressed interest in news concerning 9.5 activities:-

Greetings Nine-Fivers
    You will I am sure be pleased to know that the new online issue of "9.5" magazine is now posted online at
    https://www.pathefilm.uk/95group95/9...5groupmags.htm
    Take a look; I think you will like it.
    Many thanks to Dino Everett for getting this project under way, and also to Dominique De Bast. Not only is he a major contributor to the French magazine but he has also written much of this new issue.
    I know you have all got a few articles crying out to be written and published so please get writing and support this grand effort! The Christmas and New Year break is upcoming, when there's always a bit of time for such things.​

Although not a 9.5 collector, I very much enjoyed reading this latest issue. I also greatly appreciate that the Calella 2023 festival is available to watch online (the link is provided in the magazine), which allowed me to see Graham Sinden & John Chauncy's 9.5mm film Forgotten Treasures of Bexley. Their film convinced me to visit Bexley on my next trip out.

Thanks to all who were involved in putting this issue together.

Comment

I have bee wallowing in nostalgia looking at this and some of the u tube videos. Found shots of a much younger me in the audience of the 1965 Get together at Kensington. They are at about 11 mins in. It was my first get together. Lots of familiar faces, sadly most of them are no longer with us. Could not find the link about the 1923 Capella Festival.

Comment

Douglas, I used to live very near Bexley until 1959 when I married a girl from Barnehurst which is very nearby and we moved to Meopham, so know the area well.

Comment

Ken, the link is on the first page. It is https://m.facebook.com/watch/live/?r...49737968444552 Calella's much better in person! Details to follow soon of the 2024 event.

Comment

Another thought Ken, you might be interested in being added to the email group where we try to keep nine-fivers informed of 9.5 news. You won't be bombarded with trivia. PM me if you would like to be added.

Comment

Working...
            X