X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELMO 16-CL Deluxe for sale

Hey folks,

First-timer here. Thanks for having me!

I'm looking to sell my ELMO 16-CL Deluxe. I originally bought it in hopes of one day projecting some of the stuff I shot on my Bolex H16. But I wanted to test it out with some 16mm film other than my own in case it caused any damage. So after finally tracking down a cheap reel at an antique shop with some educational crap on it I threaded up the film and gave it a test run. And I'm glad I did! Which brings me to my reason for selling...

I was unaware of the issues with the rollers on these old CL-16s. I'm not sure if it was the guy who sold it to me who originally gunked them up or me or both, but I now have some melted rubber rollers. I count four of them, in fact. I've done some research and I know there's some shops that sell new ones but after the money to buy them and the fact that I'm not much of a handy man, it's more trouble than its worth to me.

So here are the positives: It's tested and it runs great. The bulb is bright. The speaker sounded awesome for the one time I was able to run it (the film had a sound strip on it). It will come with 2 reels. It will come with a DVD-R which contains a user manual. It has a cover, which is ripped down one corner, but does the trick keeping the dust off in storage. (see pictures/video for all of this)

I'm asking $300 Canadian + shipping. Open to offers.

I'm willing to answer any questions folks might have or post pics of anything I've left out. This is my first time selling anything like this.

Thanks,

Matt

PS: Click on the attached mp4 to see the projector in action.

EDIT: Would prefer to keep shipping to Canada and US but could be convinced of shipping it farther.

Attached Files

In my honest opinion, the Elmo CL is not worth $300 needing a new set of rollers. I had one that in that condition, so I ordered the rollers from Larry Urbanski and followed his YouTube Tutorial to the tee. It wasn't that hard. Just make sure that you don't loose any of the c-clips that may shoot off.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and the info Kim! I figured $300 might be steep. I honestly thought about asking straight up what would be reasonable in another thread, but couldn’t settle on the proper place to ask and I also didn’t wanna be annoying in my first ever post haha. Maybe Larry is the way to go for me anyway. I’ll leave my post for now and maybe remove it or update it if I decide to just buy the new rollers.

cheers,

Matt

Comment

Yes...the C-Clips. They are from another time dimension and are constantly pull by a quantum force to get back there. Once they magically snap out into the air as you try to either attach or detach them, they never will be found again, believe me, I've look and look for DAYS -- they simply no longer exist in our time-space continuum and looking for them is simply futile.

Comment

Working...
        X