Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16mm projector - free to a good home!

Hi,

First time poster here, although I've gleaned lots of useful tips over the years.

We have had this ugly-beauty on display in the office for a while at Alchemy Film and Arts. We have a couple of Eiki NT's and a Bell&Howell, and I've never been brave enough to power this guy up! If anyone has any questions, or info, please chip in.

Considering it was sat in a shed for decades, it is in good mechanical condition, no telling the tubes though.

Stupidly heavy, so maybe collection in person from Hawick.

Hi Michael
    I am not interested in purchasing the projector but I can identify it for anyone who may be interested, it’s an early BTH SRB optical sound machine. I used to own one back in 1958, it was the first 16mm sound projector I owned and had great fun with it , back then lifting it was easy, not so now !!!
    it is a hefty beast. It would be ideal for a collector, as it’s quite rare.
    John

Comment

That is one ugly beast! I hope that is not a high voltage capacitor sticking out of the top!!😨

Comment

Amendment to original post - free to good home! I've been given a week or so until she goes into the trash.

Comment

The BTH SRB was one of the first British made 16 Mm sound film projectors. If my memory is correct it played both DIN and SMPE sound tracks, by moving the scanning lamp to either side of the film, on the earliest models. I remember them being advertised in the late 19s

Comment

Internet problems. The SRB used to be advertised in the Amateur Cine World mag in sound 1949 by a government surplus dealer. Together with the GBL 516 machines

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
              That is one ugly beast! I hope that is not a high voltage capacitor sticking out of the top!!😨
              Looks more like a valve for the amplifier. I think a cover is off/missing.

Comment

We have the access-doored box it came in as well. Can post a photo if useful.

Comment

A shame you're so far away, I'd love to save it to restore but you're a near 5 hour drive from me in the midlands! It definitely deserves to be saved.

Comment

It has just occurred to me that The Projected Picture Trust may be interested in adding it to their collection. Although mainly concerned with rescuing cinema equipment, they do have a narrow gauge section. They are based at Dean Clough Mills Halifax, West Yorkshire. HX3 5AX. Contact Peter Allen, 01908 366355, pa@theppt.org. He is the narrow gauge restoration engineer.

Comment

Working...
                    X