WANTED - Photocell for Debrie D16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED - Photocell for Debrie D16

As the title states, I'm after a replacement photocell for my Debrie D16.
    Thanks
    Richard.

Richard
    Martyn Stevens might be able to help you.
    http://www.cinerdistan.com/16/2-unca...d/517-debrie-2

Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
      Richard
      Martyn Stevens might be able to help you.
      http://www.cinerdistan.com/16/2-unca...d/517-debrie-2

Maurice
      Thanks Maurice,

I emailed him at the weekend in the hope he has a spare or two. In the meantime, I thought I'd throw it out to a wider audience.

Richard.

Comment

Richard
        what is the number of the PEC? I'm pretty sure I have one as I used to have a D16.

Comment

The Debrie D16 90 volt PEC is a GS50, also known as a 90CG. Or, if you can find a UK Government one, it's a CV2133.

Maurice

Comment

Thanks Maurice
            Richard - I do have some 90 CG's if you are interested.
            Terry
            I also have the original Debrie D16 Handbook which is very useful.
            Last edited by Terry Sills; August 26, 2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

There must be quite a few alternatives as the 2 D16s I still have for disposal have GS16s and the theoretical circuit I have for a 25watt amp quotes these or 52CG ! My Handbook circuit diagrams do not give details of the PEC, As mentioned previously, all my D16s are the earlier Black models, but all models appear to have a PEC with a 4 pin base if my memory serves me right. Incidentally, with ref to the various gates, The standard gates are releived over the picture and sound track areas. My father worked for the Air ministry and they used the later grey models with the V gate but found they would sometimes jam at splices and the triple claw would rip through 3 frames!!. Ken Finch.

Comment

The Vee gate was probably a designer's bright idea, but, in my opinion, not very clever.
                It wasn't particularly easy to lace at that point, the instruction book not being very helpful.
                I never experienced film jam, as Ken says, but it certainly might be a problem with a badly made join with perhaps a slight buckle caused to a cement join over time.

Maurice

Comment

Maurice
                  I agree that badly made splices could possibly cause a jam, but like you I never experienced this because I made/remade all splices with a CIR tape splicer. Cannot agree with you re the V gate. I think it is a brilliant idea, reducing film wear to zero. Emulsion touching nothing through the gate, which was always a weakness on other machines. As for lacing, I found it very easy. Either to push the start of the film into the top of the V gate and then just pull enough of the film through to enable the rest of the lacing, or just sliding one side of the film into one side of the V gate and then simply pushing the other side of the V gate to open it up to allow the other edge of the film in, so this method allows for unlacing mid way if necessary.

Ken
                  the early black D16's did take a 4 pin pec, but the later grey models take the 90CG which is similar to a mini valve and has 7 pins. I also found it slightly frustrating that the pec type is not mentioned in the user manual.

Comment

Hi chaps, quick update

The PEC wasn't at fault as it turns out and I'm pleased to report the three I've got (4 pins) are in fact all working.

Comment

Hi Richard, I am somewhat relieved that the PECs are o.k. I was quite worried that I may have sold you a dud one. I still have the other 2 Debries if anyone is interested for spares or restore. Also spare lamps at a "fiver" each. Collection only I am afraid. Pandemic permitting!! Ken Finch.

Comment

Working...
                      X