I'm still searching

Comment

Still searching

Comment

Still searching...

Comment

still searching

Comment

There's a lens adapter available online to use bell and howell and i think bauer 8mm projector lenses in the Elmo 16cl projector ,i understand some members have used this with good results maybe worth a look that is if its for a 16cl

Comment

Hello Russ,

thank you very much for the advice! What is the exact name of the adapter?

Best wishes

Comment

Jorg Stover I apologize for not referring you to this thread earlier...but I just figured you had already seen it and was only looking for an original Elmo lens.

Check out this thread for a very workable alternative:
                http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...adapter-sleeve

Click image for larger version  Name:	Elmo White Lens Adapter.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.4 KB ID:	10184

Comment

You can use the zoom or telephoto Elmo adapters with the 20mm Elmo lens. This takes the effective length back to 16mm. With a throw of only 12ft this is what I use to get about 5ft across picture. ( There is some slight 'pincushion' distortion.) Also look at 'wide' adapters sold for video projectors. Epson made one which again gives about 20% enlargement. It needs a sturdy lab stand to hold it.

Comment

Dear Janice and Steven,

thank you very much for your answers and your suggestions.

Which Super8-lenses I can use for 16mm projection?

To Steven: unfortunately your suggestion does not work. The zoom converters are NOT made for the 20mm lens and the always make distortions and vignetting at the biggest image size.

I really need the 12.5mm lens

Comment

The closest 8mm lens I have used is Bolex Vario-Kiptagon 16.5mm-30mm 1:1.3 (Bolex 18-5 & 18-5L Projectors)

Comment

Jorg, good luck with your search for the lens. With a little perseverance, I think you will find it one day.
                        I have been looking for a 12.5 lens for a few years and just happened to find one this week at the right price.

There are other online forums and collecting groups you may want to try posting in to see if someone has one for sell.
                        If you need any ideas, feel free to send me a PM.

Comment

In the thread that Janice mentioned, I asked her what the internal diameter is of the adapter sleeve and Janice measured it as 28mm. That is exactly the diameter of the Schneider Xenovaron 1.1 lens. This is a Zoom lens that ranges from 11-30mm. I suppose this lens is a bit narrow for 16mm projection, but since it is such an exact fit for the sleeve, I am going to give it a go. I have ordered the sleeve and will report back when I receive it. The Schneider lens is fairly common and an excellent lens is well.

Comment

Rob Koeling Very much interested in how the Schneider lens works out.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

I just tried a Xenovaron 1,3 and it vignetted.

The Isco lens doesn't arrive as close enough to the film and it is also not enough wide angle (I need 12-13mm). So I am still searching for the Elmo lens. Why do they happen so rarely online?

Comment

Working...
                              X