Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power lead for Debrie D16 ( from transformer to projector)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power lead for Debrie D16 ( from transformer to projector)

Wanted ....Click image for larger version

Name:	B3EF7B6C-FE4F-4F28-9B7C-04A6701F7A0D.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	35791I have acquired a D16 which is missing the transformer and power lead. I can find another transformer but need the lead to connect into the projector socket.

Tony
    The plug shown is not a Debrie original fitment, nor is the speaker terminal, I suggest you replace the 110 volt input plug with a more easily available one.
    There is no reason why it has four pins.

Comment

Hi Maurice, that is interesting. I took it for an original as it seemed to blend in with the rest of the panel. The speaker terminal was always used in the years I operated it being connected to the speaker by a lead with jack plugs on both ends. The projector belonged to the New Plymouth Fire Brigade here in New Zealand and was used for training of personnel and school fire safety instruction.... I left the brigade in 1996 and to my knowledge the projector went into retirement / storage having been ousted by modern technology. I was asked if I wanted it, I said yes, on collection I found it to be in very good condition but the transformer was missing. So your suggestion of replacing the plug with a more suitable one could well be the answer, then all I have to do is sort out a transformer. During the latter years of its use I had a problem sourcing 750 watt lamps so I had the lamp housing converted to use a 250watt halogen bulb....it worked very well. So, I have 300 watt transformer which I could use because I am saving 500watts on the bulb.

Comment

Tony
        I have a silver/grey D16 which still has its original in and out connectors, they push on and then turn to lock.
        Click on the attachment to see such a projector. You can then click on the left rear view to see the connectors.
        DeBRIE D16 SOUND PROJECTOR · Curzon Cinema Collection (omeka.net)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B9F24907-8A2C-4FA6-BBCB-D0F57B19DC51.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	36602 Maurice, Had a look at that, they are different for sure. I have bought a transformer - 240 / 110 with ice a rating of 500 watts, because I have modified the lamp down to a 250watt halogen the transformer should handle the load. I will separate the projector into its 4 parts which will give me a look at the amplifier and the input circuit. I have a friend who is an old school electrician and he will test it replacing anything needed…. and will install a new input socket.

Attached Files

Comment

Tony
            Your projector is a fairly early model, it looks like an upgrade from the black models.
            The later grey/silver models slide into their amplifiers, there were three amps of differing outputs.
            However, you may find some of these manuals of interest.

Debrie D16 Printed Manual (camera-manual.com)

Comment

I have now hooked in the transformer I purchased and replaced the odd looking 4 pin plug. The amp works perfectly as does the projector but I have two problems…#1 the lamp was damaged so I have purchased a new one, the original was 750watt and has been replaced with a 250watt 24volt halogen……problem #2 is the condenser lens is cracked. I cannot source a replacement for the condenser lens so I will have to do a running test to find out if it still functions. Other than that it runs very nicely and will be even better if the lamp puts some light on the subject.
              Attached Files

Comment

Tony
                If your 250w 24v lamp is an ELC (A1/259) it shouldn't need a condenser lens.
                A1/259 250w 24 volt Projector Lamp - GX5.3 - LampShopOnline

Comment

Working...
                X