Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: 16mm silent projector in America

Hi,

A friend of mine who lives in central California is looking to buy a 16mm projector to view her father's home movies. They are all double perf, on 50' reels. There are also a couple of silent package films on 400' reels. So I'm hoping a US collector may be able to help me out, if someone has a 16mm silent machine in full working order that they would be prepared to sell and ship. I'm thinking something along the lines of the US equivalent of a Bell and Howell 613 or a Specto.

But the key thing is that it's for someone who hasn't used a projector before. She doesn't need a large sound machine for 2000' spools, just something small and with a simple film path. The 50' home movie reels probably have short leaders as well.

Please drop me a PM if any US member has something suitable they'd be willing to sell and ship.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Hi Chris

If you have any local flea markets, antique shops or thrift shops in your area check them out. I have a few around here and a couple of years ago I found a Revere 48 silent projector in beautiful condition and excellent working order for $30. It may be worth your time and your friends to check these places out. No shipping costs, only local sales tax.
    Of course you probably are aware that most all sound projectors do have a silent speed setting on them. My RCA 400 and various B&H’s all have silent settings.
    Good luck with your search. I hope you find what you’re looking for.

Jim

Comment

Chris I would recommend for your friend a Kodak Royal 16 projector. It is as simple a projector to operate as there is, it is very well built, produces nice steady and bright images, lamps are easy and inexpensive to acquire, has a rheostat to set the speed where you want it etc. It has a maximum reel size of 400ft. Find one near your friend to reduce or eliminate shipping costs. I have one but I like it too well to sell. Good luck.

Comment

Jim, you're correct about the fact that sound machines often have a 18 FPS setting but they don't all have a three blade shutter so that is to check before buying, otherwise all films projected at that speed will have flickering (I don't know about RCA and B&H).

Comment

Working...
        X