Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free: Two 16mm Projectors, Speakers plus a number of Reels and Spare Bulbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free: Two 16mm Projectors, Speakers plus a number of Reels and Spare Bulbs.

I have 2 x Bell & Howell TQ II (Filmsound, 16mm) film projectors in reasonable condition. One works fine but on the other the worm gear has gone but as they are both the same model this one would be ideal for spares should they be needed in the future. In addition are two speakers, a number empty 16mm reels plus a couple of spare projector bulbs. No charge but they would need to be picked up from Minster-on-Sea, Kent, UK. If I cannot find a home for them they are off to the tip which would be a shame.

Will somebody in the south of England PLEASE rescue these machines and stop them being taken out of circulation. I would do it myself but it is a hell of a long drive from Hull.

Edward - If worst comes to worst, please put them on Ebay or something for £10 each. Then, perhaps, someone locally who does not read this forum can get the benefit of them. Alternatively, Edward, if by chance you know someone who happens to drive up to Hull from your area, I could arrange to meet them somewhere here. I know this is a long shot, but co-incidences do happen.

Comment

Wish I could help but I no longer drive, but suggest Douglas may know of a member who could be contacted. Ken Finch.

Comment

Have just remembered, Graham Sinden lives in North Kent. Perhaps a p m to him may help. I must say, it is very philanthropic of Edward to be willing to give them away, as they are still very popular amongst the 16mm enthusiasts. I feel sure someone would pay good money for them if they were advertised as buyer collects. Ken Finch.

Comment

Thank you for the responses. Perhaps someone could PM Graham Sinden. I offered them to the local branch of the Institute of Amateur Cinematographers but they did not want them as they already had. I think ebay would be a waste of time but have thought of trying that but would prefer to let them go to someone who is likely to use them and not sure that anyone locally would want them. They are much too heavy to send. I will leave the ad on here for a week or two then make a final decision. I need the space!

Comment

Hi Melvin, Unfortunately I do not know anyone who is likely to be travelling to anywhere near Hull.

Comment

Hi Edward. Just wondering if you are having any luck with disposing of your projectors. I am in a similar position to you as I also have reached the age when I must start to dispose of some of my equipment, and am loathe to take it to the tip. But it seems to me that there is little interest here in the u.k. any more. Ken Finch.

Comment

Hi Edward, I sent you a PM regarding a collector friend who lives in Minster! It's also worth contacting the Museum of the Moving Image, Deal (which is owned by the former head of the NFTVA David Francis) in case they might be interested.

Comment

Thanks for the PM Chris. Sorry for the delay in response but busy for the last few days. Will contact Brian in the next day or so. I doubt the MMI would be interested but will try. Ken: I have reluctantly come to the same conclusion, little interest in the UK. US seems far more vibrant.

Comment

HI Edward - Where are you located? I may be able to help, I live in Deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X