Danson 540 16 mm optical sound projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danson 540 16 mm optical sound projector

I am looking for one of these fascinating projectors. Would prefer one in good working order please pm me if you can help.
    John

John
    I definitely would not recommend this projector. It was the first 16mm one I ever had, from new, and it was pretty awful. You’d could constantly hear the motor running through the speaker. I was told that it could possibly be a faulty pec, but I tried several new replacements without success. A cheaply made machine and I was glad to see the back of it. If you insist on getting one don’t pay much
    for it. I would be interested to hear other members experiences.

Comment

Terry,, thanks for your response . I think you were unlucky with yours as years ago I had a rare version that had both optical and mag replay, I have to say it worked really well and like a fool I sold it on. So it’s really a nostalgic thing that prompts me to want another. Will let you know if I get lucky!
      John

Comment

I know the nostalgia feeling John. Interesting the Danson and always remember the beautiful speaker case, wasn't it also sold with a camera?

Comment

Hi Lee
          I not sure whether they came with a camera, but you are right it had a lovely speaker in a matching case to the projector. Let me know if you hear of one for sale.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X