Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Hulot's Holiday (Jacques Tati, 1953) SOLD

NOW SOLD
    This print was made for the English speaking market. So, titles are in English and even though this is pretty much a silent film (no dialogue), you can hear some talking at times. This is mostly in English.
    It is generally a very good print, with nice contrast and good detail and strong sound. Full opening titles. Fade out at end, but no 'Fin' title. I would say a reduction print. Some wear printed in from the negative and some wear in this print, but nothing serious. The only thing is that the perforation is a bit rough for 2 or 3 minutes half way through the first reel. Even though my Eiki is particularly sensitive to issues with the perforation (a two tooth claw), it didn't make it to engage the loop restorer. So, no effects on screen, but the projector was more noisy while it was dealing with the rough perforation. I can take a picture of some of the effected film if needed.
    I would like £90 for the print (plus shipping from the UK). I can take some screenshots if someone is interested.

- Rob
    Last edited by Rob Koeling; January 11, 2022, 02:24 PM.

I can recommend this great film which I too have on 16mm.
    I also have Jacques Tati's other masterpiece, the 1948 "Jour De Fete".

Comment

Hello Rob,
      I am interested in buying if still available.
      Iain

Comment

Sold! Thanks Iain!

- Rob

Comment

Working...
        X