Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: The Sure Thing (1985) John Cusack, Rob Reiner Film

FS: The Sure Thing 16mm $325 plus shipping
    Non-Theatrical AG2S, Open Matte on a full 1600ft reel and one lesser filled 1600ft reel. Mylar - will never get vinegar syndrome!
    1985 Comedy/Drama with John Cusack, Daphne Zuniga, Anthony Edwards, Tim Robbins, and directed by Rob Reiner.
    This print is in fairly good condition. There are some splices here and there and some black lines as can be seen by the photos. There was one emulsion scratch that I saw which lasted for a second or two.
    This appears to be open matte meaning that it was printed full frame and then was designed to be masked top and bottom when shown. I realized this when I saw a boom mic at the very top of one scene! Funny but interesting as technically speaking you are getting more image than a DVD release!
    The film stock is AG2S and has held onto the colors pretty well. Soundtrack is really good with Rod Stewart, The Eagles, Lionel Richie, Ray Charles, J. Geils, and more.
    This is a really funny, cute, heartfelt film.
    Roger Ebert said: "That's why "The Sure Thing" is a small miracle. Although the hero of this movie is promised by his buddy that he'll be fixed up with a "guaranteed sure thing," the film is not about the sure thing but about how this kid falls genuinely and touchingly into love."
    This is also listed on Ebay but if you get it here it will be cheaper and of course.. no sales tax.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	st8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.3 KB ID:	60105
    Attached Files
Working...
X