Wanted: David lynch films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: David lynch films

Hi all. I am looking for any feature films by David lynch. I tried to buy the elephant man on eBay on super 8 but just got outbid sadly.

if anyone has anything or knows where I could maybe get one please let me know 16mm or Super 8 formats both work.

You may have to try 35mm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/33443497692...Bk9SR_TbrLrAYA

Comment

My experience on eBay has shown Lynch features to be very rare. The Elephant Man on 16mm shows up from time to time but I haven't seen any other of the classic Lynch films (I recall seeing Blue Velvet, I think, on 35mm, offered years ago). The New Hollywood gems - excepting Lucas blockbusters like Star Wars etc. - are hard to find and many from the 1970s are of course faded. A common refrain: It's a shame that much great 1970s American cinema was made after the demise of Technicolor.

Comment

I have had Eraserhead twice on 16mm , both great copies and Blue Velvet does turn up occasionally on Ebay .
        I don't think Elephant Man was a big seller for Derann on super 8mm , so it is rare I guess.
        Never seen Dune on any format .

Comment

The Elephant Man wasn't sold for very long before Derann gave up printing B&W on Colour stock. I think the lab pulled out due to too much wastage from badly tinted prints.

Comment

I've had 16mm copies of Eraserhead, 'Blue Velvet' and 'Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me'. The latter two on nice Agfa colour stock.
            I missed out on a print of 'Wild at Heart'. All ex-rental prints. The Lynch films were very popular in the art-house circuit in the nineties.
            So, they are out there!

Comment

Working...
            X