'The Elephant will never forget' 400ft tram doc. SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Elephant will never forget' 400ft tram doc. SOLD

Elephant will never forget' 16mm 400ft b/w (11 mins) documentary on the last London tram to travel through the Elephant and Castle in 1953. Print is in good condition with just odd very light lines and four (taped over) splices. Excellent transport film with lots of nostalgia.

£20 (U.K. postage included) complete with Censors certificate and end title. P.m. if interested.

pm sent

Comment

On hold

Comment

Film is sold

Comment

I well remember this event. It was a tram route that I frequently used. As a youngster I used to watch the change from underground current pick up to overhead at Woolwich ferry where it then continued to Abbey Wood. I also remember the tram graveyard which was close to the school I went to. Used to have to travel on it from school to swimming baths at Greenwich. Horrible baths! The best part was going on the upstairs, then reversing the seats as we got off. Cycling at the Elephant was a nightmare. A junction of about 5 roads with tram lines crisscrossing every where and trying to avoid getting the cycle wheels stuck in the tram lines. Ken Finch

Comment

Yes I agree. A great film and so nostalgic. I have a copy on Super 8 but as I am exiting the hobby it will have to go, along with many other Std. 8, Super 8 and 16mm film.

Comment

Working...
            X