Eiki elf blue autoload models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eiki elf blue autoload models

Hi I have been working on the older blue eiki elf with auto load I notice the film gets stuck at the gate and won't advance.
    on the brown nt models when you put them into load the lever opens the gate to let the film pass this is not the case with the older blue model.
    Has anyone on here had the same problem and found a fix for the problem.

Hi Barry,

The older Eiki/Elf machines (the Blue ones) do not have the same mechanical works that slightly opens the gate in the Auto Thread mode. I had 4 or 5 of those given to me which I got rid of because of that feature.
    The best fix I found was to slightly open the gate just prior to auto threading.... Only JUST enough to allow the film easy passage past the gate pressure plate.
    Once it pops out the end at the TU reel and the auto threading is disengaged simply push the lens holder IN thus closing the gate and you are good to GO.

Comment

I eventually gave up the auto thread function on my NT-2. With all parts related to auto thread function being removed, and being used as 100% manual thread machine. No more problem ever since.

Comment

I have a blue RT-1 which is self-threading and it loads with no issues.

Comment

Working...
        X