Ekie xenon sound interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ekie xenon sound interference

Today I took my xenon projector to Peter at the projector trust in Halifax to have it repaired. When I use the magnetic sound there is what I can only describe as radio interference. Typically when we tested it it worked perfectly and made me look stupid, no buzzing, just clear sound. Got it home to test it and the interference is still there. Has anyone had something similar and how can I solve it?

Maybe of not much help, but is it properly grounded?

Comment

Hi Phillip,

It's possible that in the location you are using it, there is some source of electromagnetic interference that the mag head is picking up that doesn't exist at the The Projector Trust.

I'll give you an example I ran into a couple of months ago. There was something interesting about one of my Elmo S8 machines and I decided to look at it with the flashlight on my cellphone. I happened to have the sound on the projector turned up and when I got within maybe two feet, the head picked up a buzz that got worse as I brought the phone closer to the head. (I've been extra careful about laying down my phone near magnetic sound films ever since!)

Another one is there is a ceiling light fixture in the room where my projector table sits. With the audio turned up the lights can be fully on or fully off: no problem. If I use the dimmer for the ceiling fixture? "bzzzzzzzzzz" though the speaker.

We also have lights on a motion sensor out front of our house. If we step out of the car and walk up the front walk, the lights gradually light up so you can see where you are walking. I had no problem with this until I changed the porch lights from incandescents to LEDs. Ever since then if this is turned on and movie audio is turned up, once again: -"bzzzzzzzzzz".

Maybe a good first step is to plug your machine in someplace else and see if the problem stays with the machine or stays in the original place.

Comment

Working...
      X